Cosmetic Radiosurgery Mole and Skin Growth Removal Treatment
When it comes to cosmetic surgery, these days, we have more options than ever. While, in the past, we might’ve been forced to learn to mask, conceal, or simply embrace certain imperfections, these days, we have actionable ways to get rid of them for good. For instance, if you suffer from issues such as skin tags, moles, warts, or other common skin outgrowths, cosmetic radiosurgery may be an excellent non-invasive treatment option for you. With that in mind, the following is an overview of what this surgery entails, as well as the benefits of investing in cosmetic radiosurgery.
What is Cosmetic Radiosurgery?
For those who are unfamiliar, cosmetic radiosurgery is a revolutionary procedure that can be used to remove unsightly imperfections such as moles, tags, warts, and other lumps and bumps that randomly appear on the skin.
The reason the procedure is so cutting-edge is that it manages to do so in a manner that is quick, easy, and with virtually no risk of scarring. Moreover, with the help of this state-of-the-art technology, the procedure also involves no pain, stitches, or bleeding. The end result of Cosmetic Radiosurgery is often a dramatically-improved appearance, and the effects last indefinitely.
Details about the Procedure
The first step in the process is to schedule a consultation with a cosmetic eye surgeon. This is because radiosurgery may not be the best treatment for all skin growths. Therefore, you need to meet with a professional to determine whether you’re a good candidate for the surgery.
Alternatively, rather than going to the office for the consultation, it may be possible to send pictures and videos or to do your consultation via video chat. Either way, you cannot get the procedure until your skin issues have been properly assessed.
The procedure itself is quick and easy. In order to start the procedure, the skin must be clean and free of makeup. From there, the anesthesia is applied to the areas in which the growths will be removed. Using a special wand, the high-frequency radio waves are applied to the affected areas.
By physically touching the mole, tag, or wart with the wand, the radio waves cause a process known as volatilization, causing the water in the melanocytes to boil and steam and ultimately rupture completely. The process is repeated until the mole or tag falls off completely.
Benefits of Cosmetic Radiosurgery
If you are considering investing in cosmetic radiosurgery, here are some of the benefits of doing so:
Remove Skin Tags, Moles, and More
One of the top benefits of investing in cosmetic radiosurgery is that it can remove unsightly skin issues such as tags, moles, and more. No matter if you have an abundance of any of these or if you simply have a few that are in inopportune locations, this procedure will provide you with quick, easy relief that will stand the test of time.
Here is a list of the specific types of growth that may be removed by this procedure:
- Moles: These are typically brown and circular growths that may or may not be raised from the skin or have unbalanced pigmentation. Skin moles are one of the most common growths. However, they may also be a cause for concern. This is because moles can possibly be an indication of skin cancer. So, if you notice your moles have changed in appearance over time. You should have them examined by a doctor before or after the procedure.
- Skin Tags: On another note, skin tags are somewhat similar to moles. However, these fleshy outgrowths are usually on a stalk.
- Warts: Warts are fleshy bumps on the mucous membrane or skin and are often caused by a viral infection. They are most commonly seen on the hands but can grow virtually anywhere on the body.
- Seborrhoeic Keratoses: These growths have a similar appearance to warts but are usually a shade of brown. They are soft and tend to break off when scratched. They are most common in those over 35.
- Verrucas: Verrucas are simply warts that appear on the feet.
Little to No Downtime
Another of the top benefits of cosmetic radiosurgery is that the process involves little to no downtime. Once the surgery has been completed, you will have aftercare instructions to follow, but other than that, you are free to resume your life as usual.
Some people fear surgery because these processes can be excessively gory or bloody. Luckily, cosmetic radiosurgery causes no such issues. Unlike other, more invasive methods, this process does not require piercing of any tissues, which results in little to no blood.
One of the top reasons many people are reluctant to invest in cosmetic surgery of any kind is that they believe the risks outweigh the benefits. In some instances, this may be true as most surgeries carry some level of risk up until and including death, which, for some, is too big of a risk as it pertains to issues that are not life-threatening. Luckily, cosmetic radiosurgery causes very little damage.
Given that the procedure uses radio waves rather than other more invasive tools, there is no scarring or burning to be concerned with after the procedure. You also won’t have to worry about incisions or scars as the skin is not cut or pierced in any way.
Can be Used for Biopsies
One little-known benefit of investing in cosmetic radiosurgery is that it can be used to conduct biopsies. If you have moles, skin tags, or other growths that need a biopsy, investing in cosmetic radiosurgery can be a way to fix two problems at once.
Unlike other cosmetic removal processes, cosmetic radiosurgery allows for a small amount of the tissue to be removed and used for a biopsy. For instance, when submitting to laser surgery, virtually all of the tissues are damaged during the process, which makes it impossible to use it for a biopsy.
However, the use of radio waves not only makes for minimal scarring but also makes it possible to remove these growths with minimal damage to the tissue itself.
Moreover, some skin conditions are not just unsightly; they can cause pain and irritation as well. This is particularly common with moles and skin tags. Depending on where they are located, they can get caught on clothing, combs, razors, footwear, and more.
Although these growths are often tiny, they can cause an immense amount of pain that can last for days or even weeks. However, by taking the time to invest in cosmetic radiosurgery, you can get rid of these irritating skin growths for good.
Variety of Treatment Areas
Another great benefit of investing in cosmetic radiosurgery is that this procedure is safe to use on various parts of the body.
Here is an overview of the areas this technology can be applied as well as how it can help those areas:
- Face: Cosmetic radiosurgery is often used to treat acne spots and facial growths. This is a great tool for the face because there is typically no scarring to the area, and it takes little to no time to heal.
- Armpits / Breasts / Neck / Groin: If you have skin tags on your body that you want to be removed, cosmetic radiosurgery can be quite useful. The technique can remove skin tags from areas such as breasts, armpits, around the V-line of the neck, or the groin.
- Arms / Legs / Back: Lastly, if you have skin conditions such as solar keratoses, brown spots, and other growths, this procedure can be used on those as well.
Cosmetic Radiosurgery vs. Conventional Cosmetic Surgery Methods
Now that we know more about cosmetic radiosurgery and its benefits, here is how the procedure measures up to conventional cosmetic surgery:
- Better Results: Conventional cosmetic surgery involves the quick and somewhat painful removal of these skin growths. However, cosmetic radiosurgery offers better results because the process is much gentler and thus, does not cause irritation or scarring.
- Pressure-Free: Moreover, although all procedures are generally done using anesthesia, conventional cosmetic surgeries often place pressure on the skin and can thus cause unnecessary pain and unforeseen damage.
- No Power Settings Required: Lastly, there is no power setting required when dealing with radiosurgery cosmetic surgeries. In other words, there is no way to use a setting that is too high or low for the situation. Rather, they simply have to take the time to carefully treat the area until the skin growth disappears.
Ready for Cosmetic Radiosurgery in Union City?
Overall, if you are seeking cosmetic radiosurgery, our cosmetic eye surgeons are here to help. Here at NeoVision Eye Center in Union City, we have a qualified team that specializes in everything from LASIK laser eye surgery to cosmetic eye surgeries like radiosurgery.
Our friendly team of professionals goes above and beyond to assist with skin tags, warts, and mole removal. No matter how minor or severe your condition may be, we will develop a personalized treatment plan to cater to your specific needs.
Schedule your free cosmetic radiosurgery consultation
Learn more about the procedure from surgeon Dr. Tandon herself and discuss your unique treatment plan.
"*" indicates required fields